Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays!

                                                   Friday, December 21, 2012


Dear Families of Class 4-411,

Wow, time flies! I cannot believe 2012 is coming to an end. It seems like September was just yesterday and I was just meeting all of you and your children for the first time. The kids have worked so hard since then and accomplished so much.

Academically, your children have learned so much! In writing, the students have written personal narratives, realistic fiction stories, personal and persuasive essays, and are just finishing up their research-based argument essays. In reading, they have been soaring through their fiction and non-fiction books, and are already up to reading 40 minutes each night! In math, the students have tackled multiplication and are now working hard on division!
        
We have also come together as a community inside our classroom. Your kids have bonded together not only as classmates, but as friends. I have seen so many acts of kindness and children supporting one another in our classroom and it makes me so proud.

I am truly impressed by your children and all the amazing things they have accomplished thus far. Seeing how far they have come in just a few short months makes me even more excited for all the amazing things they will continue to accomplish in the second half of the year.

I want to thank you for your participation and the continued support you have given your children these last few months. I so appreciate all that you do and I am looking forward to working together to make 2013 the best year yet! I hope you are able to enjoy some family time with your loved ones this season. Wishing all of you happy holidays!

Best Wishes,

Ms. Mactas

No comments:

Post a Comment